decription

I am cycling solo from the headwaters of the Mississippi River to the Gulf. The mission objectives are: 1) to meet others with mental and physical disabilities, 2) to use this medium as a ministry, and 3) to be an inspiration, to be inspired and to share the gospel. My challenges have left room for empathy and compassion and given me the desire to push myself and others to be their best. I hope to utilize my love of stories and the people in them to enter people's lives and affect a tangible improvement. I cannot estimate the amount or type of change, but I do know we all are looking for more joy and fulfillment that I believe only the Lord can provide.
When:August 20, 2011 - October 21, 2011 (60 days on the road).
Where: the headwaters of the Mississippi River Lake Itasca, MN to New Orleans, LA ( 1,912 miles).
Youtube Updates

Monday, March 7, 2011

Financial Support

Financial:

I want to thank God and all those who generously gave to support this trip for meeting all of my financial goals.

To my financial backers: I want to thank you for your interest and taking the time to read and follow my blog. The average cost of a day on the road is about $25.The money is to cover; 1) food: a hardy breakfast, power bars, snacks for lunch, and easy-to-prepare food/fast-food for dinner, 2) fees: trail and camping/shower fees in state parks, and 3) bike: maintenance and repair.

This is a ministry, and by sponsoring me you are sharing in the furthering of the Kingdom. The focus of the ministry is to share the Gospel Message throughout the Mississippi River basin. I love to interact with new people and hear their stories. When you are on a bike, the uniqueness helps open the door to speak loving truth into others lives. From my experience, this is one of the hardest jobs on the planet. I will need your prayers to stay strong - cycling is the easy part! The other part of the ministry is to share life with people with disabilities. By recording their stories, "I dream of bringing hope" to this group of people through the trip and the completion of the book describing the journey.

I hope you will commit to praying for the trip and possibly even join me for a portion of the adventure.

My commitment to my financial supporters is to follow the Lord's will and be receptive to where he might take the trip. My job is to do the leg work to bring the spiritual to the physical realm. I am committed to following through and seeing the calling to completion. If you have any suggestions to ensure success of this trip, please post them.


Thank you.



(You can type the amount you desire in the amount field)



sponsors
Thanks to my local national sponsors, we are going to see the venture to a successful completion.

Thanks to Bikes and More.
Guys you Certainly are more!
Hopkinsville KY





No comments:

Post a Comment

Financlal Support

Suggested donation $25 but any amount helps. (You can type the amount you desire in the amount field)

Weekly News Letter

My Ride

My Ride